I have officially stopped opening my Gilt and Myhabit emails because it hurts too much to think about the exchange rate on the pieces (okay that’s a lie, I still peak in on them, but with a droopy, woeful face). Nevertheless, there is a positive side to our Canadian dollar being so crappy; I have been forced to research a lot more Canadian online retailers for options for clients.
I always encourage clients to try new stores and yet I myself had gotten so used to scrolling through my bookmarked list of sites that I had missed out on some amazing stores right in our own bacon eating, syrup making backyard.
Here are some of my new (and old) favourites:
- Famedrop is one of the best Canadian sites for carrying a huge array of brands. From Canada’s own Yoga Jeans to Aussie’s Cameo and Keepsake, their buyers are doing a really great job.
- I rarely visit Montreal without popping into this store. Really cute dresses and an amazing collection of hats.
- I am literally cursing myself for not following these kids on Instagram before now. It is another awesome Montreal boutique that does a really great job at catering to a variety of style personalities
- I hate that I like Ssense, because some of the pieces are so nice, but the prices can hurt. If you are looking for a cool investment piece and you don’t feel like driving to Holt’s, they are great.
- I can’t believe I didn’t know about these guys. Looking forward to trying one of their statement necklaces
Happy online shopping this weekend!
Your Style Queen