Most clients struggle with knowing what pieces they should have to start a basic wardrobe.
I created this list to help them out.
Think of it in the same way you would think about doing a grocery shop if you didn’t have anything in your cupboards. Always start with basics and only add the sprinkles and icing once you have your flour and sugar.
TOP WARDROBE STAPLES:
- WHITE OR IVORY BLOUSE OR SHIRT
- A DARK WINTER AND A LIGHT SUMMER BAG
- BLACK, NUDE AND COLOURED SHOE
- A BLACK BELT AND A CAMEL BELT
- DARK INDIGO JEANS WITHOUT CONTRAST STITCHING AND A LIGHTER CASUAL PAIR
- BLACK AND NAVY OR CHARCOAL GREY DRESS PANTS
- CARDIGAN OR BLAZER IN NAVY OR BLACK
- HIGH QUALITY TANK TOPS IN NUDE AND BLACK
- BLACK OR NAVY DRESS
- DENSELY PATTERNED BLOUSE OR SHIRT
- A LONG BASIC NECKLACE, A SHORT NECKLACE AND A STATEMENT NECKLACE
- SCARVES. AS MANY AS YOU LIKE. THESE ARE YOUR ART
Remember to keep your ideal style in mind when you are purchasing any of these pieces and don’t bring home (or keep) anything that doesn’t make you feel amazing.
Want a print out of the pieces that you need to build a capsule wardrobe?
Your Style Queen,